Lincoln brake and friction parts are the only ones designed, engineered and recommended specifically for Lincoln's. They're built with the understanding that can only come from being the Original Equipment (O.E.) manufacturer.
If you're looking for the most inexpensive brake parts, you could be compromising quality. Lincoln brake parts deliver high value through high quality. When you purchase Lincoln OEM Parts, you have Lincoln Motor Corporation standing behind you.
The Lincoln comprehensive line of brake parts includes:
- Pads and Shoes
- Super Duty Brake Pads
- Rotors and Drums
- Remanufactured Calipers
- Wheel Cylinders
- Brake Hardware Kits
Pads and Shoes
Only Lincoln pads and shoes are recommended by Lincoln Motor Corporation to ensure they provide the right balance and performance for Lincoln vehicles. Many competitive brands say they match O.E. with their use of shims, slots and chamfers to help reduce noise. But in reality, these competitive products are built according to the Friction Materials Standards Institute's (FMSI) version of the first O.E. pad and shoe specifications for each vehicle, which does not reflect the ongoing testing and improvements of Lincoln Motor Company. When comparing the accuracy of the FMSI specifications to Lincoln O.E. pads, it was clear a large percentage of O.E. part numbers had been updated since the FMSI printed their specifications book.
Lincoln pads and shoes:
- Are manufactured with friction formulas selected for their performance on Lincoln vehicles
- Employ friction materials that have been tested to ensure they meet the stopping and fade performance requirements of the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards
Super Duty Brake Pads
Engineered specifically for vehicles that are frequently exposed to high-heat and wear conditions, the new Super Duty brake pads from Lincoln deliver the performance and quality Lincoln Motor Company has made standard in all their products.
- Original Equipment (O.E.)-quality abutment points that help reduce pad clatter/rattle and help ensure uniform pad wear.
- Advanced shim design to help reduce noise and improve adhesion between the pad and backing plate.
- Slots engineered to help improve heat and water dissipation by providing a path for gases, wear debris and water to escape from between the pad and rotor surface.
- Lincoln Motor Company-tested friction formulas developed specifically for Super Duty brake pads to help ensure increased fade resistance, pad life, and reduced rotor wear under the most severe, high-heat driving conditions.
- Chamfers engineered to reduce the possibility of excessive noise during severe braking and initial break-in period
Rotors and Drums
Lincoln rotors and drums provide less wheel vibration and reduced new brake pedal force.
- Consistent process control on the chemical composition of the U.S. iron leads to consistent hardness and strength, resulting in better long-term durability
- Maintaining strict standards on the rotor plate thickness reduces high temperature warping
- Machining all critical surfaces on the same mounting results in more parallel hub-mounting and braking surfaces. This provides more even wear over longer periods, less thickness variation and lateral run-out, which in turn means less vibration both initially and at higher mileage
- New or enlarged bolt-hole chamfers on mounting surfaces minimize concerns of rotor distortion during rotor and wheel installation
Remanufactured Unloaded Calipers (without pads)
All remanufactured calipers from Lincoln® start with the O.E. casting. They're made of quality materials and undergo production-type testing.
All Lincoln remanufactured calipers receive new:
- Phenolic pistons (where originally specified)
- bleed screws and caps
- slide pins and boots (where applicable)
Remanufactured calipers undergo the same testing methodology as O.E. calipers, which includes:
- Seals tested for durability
- Boots tested for leaks
- Pistons tested for abrasion resistance
- Calipers tested for high- and low-pressure leaks